Saturday, January 22

TOEFL Pay Sites - Buyer Beware

Google TOEFL and you'll get a lot of TOEFL info. The free stuff is great. But what about pay sites? How do you know which TOEFL pay sites are good, which are pulling stuff from standardized TOEFL texts, and which are set up to rip you off? 

Here's how. Do a test. Before you sign up for a TOEFL pay site, ask a scoring question, for example: "Dear TOEFL Station. Before I sign up, I have a question. What scoring strategy can I use to increase my integrated essay score from 4.0 to 5.0?" Or, "What scoring strategy can I apply to increase a 3.5 speaking task three score to a 4.5?" 

Remember: TOEFL is all about scoring. That means the answer you get back should be scoring based. If not, buyer beware. Go for it. Ask away. Why not? It's your money - and your future.


 This car costs $4.4 million dollars.
Do you agree or disagree?