Sunday, January 16

Sample Essay #2

The independent essay below has 15 mistakes in grammar and spelling. Can you find them?
__________________________________________

What is telecommuting? Telecommuting means you can work from home while been connected to your office by the internet. Personally, I prefer work from home. Working from home has many advantages, such as more privacy, fewer stress and seeing my children more.

First, telecommuting gives me more privacy. For example, at work I have a cubicle is really noisy because people are always taking and using the copy machine. Also, people are always stopping and saying hello to me. This is not good because it wastes a lot of time. It also makes it hard for me to finish my work. But if I work from home, nobody bothers me and I finish my work without interruption this is an advantage of telecommuting.

Also, with telecommuting there is less stress. When I go to work, I must get up early and drive, it takes an hour and the traffic is always bad. If is an accident, I get to work late. That means I have to stay late to finish my assignments. But if I work from home, I don’t have to worry about getting up early or about traffic or being late for work this is another big advantage of telecommuting.

Finally, working from home let's me see my children more. My children are very young, only seven and eight. I drop them in day care when I go to work but when I work from home, I can look after them. This really saves me money. Also, I can spend more time with my children. This makes us all very happy. This is the best advantage of telecommuting.

Suffice, telecommuting has a myriad of advantages. Dont you wish you could just fallen out of bed and go to work in your pagamas?


check your answers

_________________________________________________ © Bruce Stirling 2011